Sunday, June 27, 2010

For Sale By Owner aka FSBO

1)  Can't I save alot of money selling my house myself? 
      Absolutely, the question is can you give your house the same exposure that a Realtor can? In my local market when a Realtor lists your house instantly approximately 4000 Realtors know about it. With today's housing market moving at a slow pace the more who know your house is for sale the more likely you are to get it sold.

2)  I have to sell my house myself in order to get enough to pay the mortgage off and there is no money for Realtor fees.
      This is a very common situation in today's market. What most don't realize is that you can have all the advantages of having a Realtor and not have to pay the Realtor fees. Your house no matter what you owe is only going to sell for what the market will currently pay for it. Therefore call a Realtor and they can help you communicate with your bank and get short sale approval. Once it is sold the bank pays all the fees for getting it sold and you can move on with your life.

3)  What about closing costs, termite inspections and the dreaded home inspection repairs?
      Most short sales are sold as is and the home inspection is done for the buyers information only however I have seen the bank pay for some repairs. Closing costs are paid for by the bank as this is a cost of selling the home. Termite inspections are on average $65 and I can tell you that I've paid several of those to help out the home owners who are just trying to get on with their lives by starting over.

These are but a few of the questions that I get calls on weekly. Don't go another month worrying how you are going to keep paying for a house you no longer can afford. Call me and I will be glad to answer your questions.

No comments: